How to remove engine - 1978 Ford F150/Bronco 4x4 - Day 2, As stated before, I am a complete amateur at removing an engine. Today, I came to the realization that while being a mechanic requires some knowledge of how things go together and come apart, it is primarily a battle between man and bolts (rusted, stripped, corroded, or otherwise - rarely easy).
On Day 2 (this video), I show how to remove and reinstall the starter (several times), how to disconnect one of the exhaust pipes, how to disconnect the flywheel from the transmission and the accelerator linkage. This is in preparation for an engine pull to replace the freeze plugs, but would be similar to an engine swap.
Special thanks go to: My friend Steve (for advice); Herb (my neighbor) for some tools, physical help and moral support; and Leon from Minnesota, who I met at Home Depot and graciously came over and helped me demolish that last flywheel nut that was stripped.
In addition, my steering had tons of play and was sloppy. I found the problem and fixed it with $17 of bushings from Napa Auto Parts. The sloppiness is all gone now.
While my truck is a 1978 Ford F150 4x4 Ranger Explorer, this should be nearly identical for F250, F350 and Bronco for model years 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977 and 1979..
| How to remove engine - 1978 Ford F150/Bronco 4x4 - Day 2 |
Download Video
0 Response to "How to remove engine - 1978 Ford F150/Bronco 4x4 - Day 2"
Post a Comment